Travel stipends for fellows, trainees, and junior faculty
Travel stipends are available in the amount of $1,500 USD for attendees traveling from outside of Europe and $900 USD for attendees traveling from within Europe. These stipends are made available through the generosity of Patient Advocacy Groups. The goal of this program is to encourage young clinicians and investigators to attend the meeting.
- Language: All applications must be written in English.
- Submit application by using the online travel stipend submission form. Click here to apply
- Applications must be received no later than 15 January 2020.
- Notification of acceptance will be mailed by 28 February 2020.
- Awardees must inform Jody Roosevelt (firstname.lastname@example.org) of their ability to utilize the award to attend the lDS5 meeting no later than 1 April 2020.
- After the meeting, Awardees will be obligated to write a one page letter describing how attendance at the Symposium will help their future endeavors.
- Please contact Jody Roosevelt (email@example.com) with any questions.
Content of Application
- A one page cover letter describing how attendance at this meeting will be important to the applicant.
- A NIH-style biosketch for the applicant. (Sample biosketch forms can be found at: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/forms/biosketch.htm)
- A one page letter from the applicant’s mentor supporting their attendance of this meeting.
Selection process and criteria
- Applicants must be fellows, trainees, or in some cases junior faculty.
- Applicants concentrating on movement disorders and especially dystonia will be given preference.
- Priority will be given to applicants with a special interest in dystonia and individuals whose attendance will have a clear impact on people with dystonia.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel chosen by the Scientific Program Committee.