Travel stipends for fellows, trainees, and junior faculty
Travel stipends applications deadline for 5th Interntanional Dystonia Symposium has finished.
The Organization will contact with applicants in the coming days
Travel stipends are available in the amount of $1,000 each. These stipends are made available through the generosity of Patient Advocacy Groups and the Dystonia Coalition. The goal of this program is to encourage young clinicians and investigators to attend the meeting.
Selection process and criteria
- Applicants must be fellows, trainees, or in some cases junior faculty.
- Applicants concentrating on movement disorders and especially dystonia will be given preference.
- Priority will be given to clinicians/investigators with a special interest in dystonia and individuals where attending the meeting will have a clear impact on people with dystonia.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel chosen by the Organizing Committee.
Content of Application
- A one page cover letter describing how attendance to this meeting will be important to the applicant.
- A NIH-style biosketch for the applicant.
- A brief letter from the applicant’s mentor supporting their attendance of this meeting.
- Language: All applications must be written in English.
- Submit application by using the online travel stipend submission form.
- Deadline: applications must be received no later than 30 June 2011.
- Notification of acceptance will be mailed by 20 July 2011.
- Awardees must inform Ami Rosen (firstname.lastname@example.org) of their ability to utilize the award to attend the IDS5 meeting no later than 15 August 2011.
- Awardees must write a one page letter after the meeting describing how attendance at the meeting will help their future endeavors.
- Please contact Ami Rosen (email@example.com) with any questions.
Travel Stipend Submission Form